Walt Disney Home Entertainment presents the Blu-ray debut of this much-loved animated tale of playful and adventurous dogs set in turn-of-the-century America.
Peggy Lee and Francis "Sonny" Burke (pictured together in three photos below) co-wrote all of the film's songs, including Bella Notte, The Siamese Cat Song, What Is a Baby? and He's a Tramp. Peggy also provided the speaking and singing voices of four characters: one human (Darling, the first-time mother, who sings La La Lu), one dog (the saucy Peg, who sings He's a Tramp), and two devious cats (Si and Am, who sing The Siamese Cat Song).
As with many Disney releases, Lady and the Tramp - Diamond Edition will be available only for a limited time. This two-disc Region 1 release, for US and Canadian buyers, includes both Blu-ray and standard DVD versions of the film. Bonus features on the Blu-ray disc include:
* Never-before-seen deleted scenes
* A never-before-heard song, I'm Free, by Ray Gilbert and Eliot Daniel (written early in the film's long development process, before Peggy's involvement)
* Inside Walt's Story Meetings
* Diane Disney Miller: Remembering Dad
* Lady's Pedigree: The Making of Lady and the Tramp
* The Siamese Cat Song: Finding a Voice for the Cats
* Puppypedia: Going to the Dogs
The DVD version in this set includes two bonus features, Diane Disney Miller: Remembering Dad and Puppypedia: Going to the Dogs.
This Region 1 release is available with both Blu-ray packaging and standard DVD packaging.
Another Region 1 release includes a digital copy, for viewing on computers and portable devices, along with the DVD and Blu-ray discs.
In early 2012, Disney also released three versions of Lady and the Tramp for Region 2 audiences.
Lady and the Tramp - Diamond Edition (official website)