Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

It's that time of year...

Posted by Richardholland 
It's that time of year...
November 26, 2016 02:32AM
It's that time of year and I wonder what is your favourite Christmas song by Peggy? Mine is: The Christmas Waltz.

Richard.
Re: It's that time of year...
November 30, 2016 06:43AM
Here's a list of favorite holiday and seasonal songs:

Winter Weather - with Art London; Benny Goodman & His Orchestra
The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting...) - 1947-1948 Why Don't You Do Right transcripts album
Silver Bells - with Bing Crosby
The Christmas Spell
Song At Midnight
The Golden Wedding Ring
- Sea Shells album
Autumn In Rome (with or without birds!)
Crazy In The Heart
Peace On Earth/Silent Night
Happiness Is A Thing Called Joe
There'll Be Another Spring
The Moment Of Truth
Gotta Travel On
It's A Big, Wide, Wonderful World
Christmas Carousel
The Christmas Waltz
Happy Holiday

The Star Carol
New York City Blues
No Fool Like An Old Fool
My Dear Acquaintance (A Happy New Year)
Longings For A Simpler Time
In The Days Of Our Love
Happy With The Blues

Of these, The Golden Wedding Ring, Peace On Earth/Silent Night, Happiness Is A Thing Called Joe, There'll Be Another Spring, No Fool Like An Old Fool, In The Days Of Our Love and My Dear Acquaintance (A Happy New Year) are the ones I listen to most; they always sound fresh amidst the deluge of White Christmas and other songs recorded by multiple artists and heard too frequently, and they focus on hope, love, memories and friendships, the essence of the holiday season. Unlike eggnog, of which there's never enough, songs like The Little Drummer Boy can be ODed upon.
December 04, 2016 02:22AM
Hi Kevin,

What an inspiring list! I have no clue what the last line in your message means confused smiley but I'm already playing "Happiness Is..." and "My Dear Acquaintance " is next in line.

Greetings,
Theo.
December 15, 2016 05:59AM
Almost two years ago I became one of the many people addicted to Peggy Lee and her music. I never knew Peggy but I think of her as a close friend because she's become an important part of my life. Living in Virginia I don't hear a lot of Peggy's music unless I'm playing it. Thanks to the worldwide members for filling in the blanks I had about Peggy's music and career. My Christmas wish - a DVD of Peggy's rare TV clips (Clouds, etc.) with restored audio and video.

Merry Christmas - Rick.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login