Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Another gem: "Just for a Thrill"

Posted by Richardholland 
Another gem: "Just for a Thrill"
November 27, 2016 08:05AM
Another marvelous performance appeared on YouTube: Just for a Thrill. I wonder on which TV program this was broadcasted.

[www.youtube.com]

Richard
Iv
Re: Another gem: "Just for a Thrill"
November 28, 2016 05:34PM
Thanks, as always, Richard, for being on the alert!

For me, Peggy's version of "Just for a Thrill" from the Norma Deloris album will always reign supreme, but I do like this version as well (along with its abbreviated counterpart on the Basin Street album).

This one is from

Quote:
The Chevy Show
1/1/61, NBC, w/ Frankie Avalon, George Gobel, Percy Faith
Songs unknown

The TV show in question was also the source of the version of "I'm Gonna Go Fishin' " which showed up, in glorious color, on the official DVD Fever: The Music of Peggy Lee. This means that a color print of the entire segment (during which Peggy sang two additional songs plus an intro) might exist. At one point in time, the intro was in YouTube, too; I haven't checked if it is still there.

But never mind any mythical color print: it's a privilege to be able to listen to and watch (at all) this rare performance (thanks, once again, to John Connors)!

Ivan
November 29, 2016 09:56AM
Ivan thanks for this explanation about the TV show. Can you tell us which other two songs she sang on this show? I very much hope these will show up on ├ŁouTube too. I agree that her version of Just for a Thrill is sublime, but I love this performance too.

Richard
Iv
November 29, 2016 04:57PM
My pleasure, Richard: "I Love Being Here with You" and "Yes Indeed."

Here are links to the other episode segments that can be currently found on YouTube:

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Ivan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login