Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Seasonal greetings

Posted by tony 
Seasonal greetings
December 19, 2016 05:01AM
Best wishes Holly and the family to Ivan and all the good people who inhabit this fine website.

Just been viewing the fifth and final episode of the BBC series My Mother and Other Strangers by Barry Devlin and set in rural Ireland in 1943 when some American service personnel were stationed there. The two local school teachers make favourable comment on someone who 'looks like Peggy Lee'. So, you see Peggy is always with us in some form or another.

Tony
Iv
Re: Seasonal greetings
December 25, 2016 11:45AM
Oh good. I haven't watched or even heard of this series; maybe it will eventually show up across the pond. One show from the United Kingdom that might have recently played some of Peggy's music is Call the Midwife, which airs on PBS here in the States. I've tried only its earliest episodes, and wasn't too keen on the show's choices of 1940s and 1950s music. I think it was mostly bubblegum stuff, and overplayed novelties from Perry Como, Doris Day, etc. But if they had moved on to playing Peggy's music, maybe I should check out some recent episodes!

And Tony, here we are (June Christy and I), wishing you "The Merriest!" ...

Ivan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login