Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fever: The Music of Peggy Lee DVD

Posted by Walter Siedlecki 
Fever: The Music of Peggy Lee DVD
April 12, 2017 05:10PM
Does anyone know why Fever: The Music of Peggy Lee does not play on a Sony DVD player? I bought two DVD's, one through eBay and the other through Amazon. One came from Bear Family Records in Germany and the other from Movie Mars in Illinois. When I insert the DVD into the player the message reads "Cannot Play". On the television screen the message reads "Playback Prohibited by Area Limitations." Can anyone offer any assistance? Thanks.
Re: Fever: The Music of Peggy Lee DVD
April 16, 2017 09:44AM
Hello,
I discovered that DVD's that were intended to sell in Europe, Asia, and other regions have special encoding that restrict playback in regions
that are outside the targeted areas. I buy DVD's from England Amazon sometimes and they are encoded to play in Europe and not the U.S. To overcome this I purchased a multi-region DVD player and now can enjoy videos regardless of the regional coding.

[www.world-import.com]

Region code Country/Area
0 Informal term meaning "playable in all regions". Region 0 discs will play on any DVD player.
1 Bermuda, Canada, United States and U.S. territories
2 The Middle East, Western Europe, Central Europe, Egypt, French overseas territories, Greenland, Japan, Lesotho, South Africa and Swaziland
3 Southeast Asia, Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea and Taiwan
4 Australasia, Central America, the Caribbean, Mexico, Oceania, South America
5 The rest of Africa, Former Soviet Union, the Indian subcontinent, Mongolia, North Korea
6 Mainland China
8 International venues such as aircraft, cruise ships, etc.

I hope this will help.

-andy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login