Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Release of an unknown Peggy Lee song!

Posted by Jade Ell 
Release of an unknown Peggy Lee song!
September 18, 2017 06:01AM
"LONG HARD ROAD TO HAPPINESS” - an unknown song by Peggy Lee due to be released on September 21 with the Swedish artist Jade Ell.

I’m a Swedish artist and songwriter, residing in Stockholm Sweden. Think it was a couple of years ago now - that I was approached by David T Shelton - an American songwriter - who turned out to have written a song with Peggy Lee. This was his message:

Peggy Lee and I co-composed a song that's never been recorded for release if you're interested. I can send the lead sheet by email. You were listed on Facebook, and I checked your YouTube music. I hear, although you dialogue in some recordings, that you have a command of melody - without it, you can't claim to be a singer, only a stylist. Fortunately you're both! I learned from John Hammond and Jerry Wexler. They discovered incredible talent like Bob Dylan and Aretha Franklin. I see you as some where in between. Wouldn't you agree? But talent is not hard work. I feel your energy and determination in performance. That's what separates stars from the rest.

When I asked his motivation as to why he choice me he wrote:

"Jade Ell is a singer’s singer - a musician’s musician. Jade has total understanding of performance, and can multitask her way into your heart. She is free in artistic temperament, utilizing balanced instrumental melody with soulful vocals. Jade is truly a rare gem” - David T Shelton.

The song is called "Long Hard Road To Happiness" and it's a live recording with the following musicians:

Daniel Tilling - rhodes
Jonas Backman - drums
Anders Lennartsson, contra bass
Emeli Jeremias - cello, backing vocals
Sheona Urquhart - saxophone, backing vocals
Jade Ell- lead, backing vocals, add keys

On Thursday September 21, I’ll be performing this song live for the first time with the band ”The Favonians” - at the new venue Glashuset WY13 in Stockholm, Sweden.

September 21 is also the release date of this not yet known song by Peggy Lee. I'm so grateful and happy to be in touch with her grand daughter, Holly Foster Wells, about this release - and that her family gets to hear and follow this journey..

"Don't let your heart be troubled - don't let it be afraid - it's a long hard road to Happiness"

Here is a link to a video with David T Shelton - talking about the song ”Long Hard Road To Happiness” >>

About the song and the performance >>

Looking forward to sharing this journey with you!

Yours musically,

Jade Ell
www.jadeell.com
Re: Release of an unknown Peggy Lee song!
September 19, 2017 05:47AM
How exciting! Will eagerly await the release on Thursday - I assume it will be available on Spotify, iTunes, etc.?

Greetings from Australia!
September 20, 2017 04:48AM
Yes, the song will be available as of tomorrow September 21st on all digital platforms!

All the best from Stockholm!

Jade Ell
September 23, 2017 12:16AM
September 23, 2017 11:08AM
Congratulations Jade Ell. I love this song and you perform it very well. I wonder when Peggy wrote this? Does anyone (maybe Ivan) can tell us more about the song?

Richard.
Iv
September 24, 2017 08:49AM
Hi Richard. According to songwriter David T. Sheldon, he and Peggy co-wrote "Long Road to Happiness" in 1981 or 1982. You can check his own acoustic version (which I like a lot) here:

[www.youtube.com]

I was not previously familiar with the song, nor had I heard of its existence. But you can learn more about its genesis from Mr. Shelton himself, in the following Facebook page (to which Jade Ell previously linked):

[www.facebook.com]

Ivan

P.S. And thanks, Richard, for the more recent alerts to YouTube videos. I don't tend to post much here any longer, as there seems to be very little talk/traffic, but I do still check the page regularly, and your alerts are always appreciated.
September 25, 2017 04:42AM
Hi Richard!

Thank you so much smiling smiley I was sent a lead sheet from David T Shelton a while ago - and he asked me if I wanted to make a recording of it. There's was no recording of it but this lead sheet - so I feel very honoured to be taking this task on.

Yes, David shared that the song was written already in the beginning of the 80's - but never released. Now you can find the song on digital platforms, such as iTunes

You will also find some updates on my facebook page as well as my own web page.

Yours musically,

Jade Ell*
September 25, 2017 11:35AM
Thanks for your reply Jade Ell and Ivan. I'll check out your performance on Deezer, Jade Ell and let's hope it will be successful since it is a great song and performance. I understand why you post less here Ivan. The talk/traffic stopped for a long time now. I'm glad you appreciate my YouTube alerts. I'll keep on doing it!

Richard.
sam
September 30, 2017 03:35PM
This is brilliant! Do you have any other music available to download?
October 01, 2017 04:01PM
Hi Sam!

I'm so happy to hear you like it! smiling smiley

Yes, I have music out - both as a solo artist and as one half of the duo "Ell & Hart" for example.

I enclose a couple of links below.

My self-produced EP, "The Battle Is An Art":
[itunes.apple.com]

A single I produced last year, that was also part of a commercial in Sweden:
[itunes.apple.com]

My version of the KISS song "Black Diamond":
[itunes.apple.com]

My facebook page:
[www.facebook.com]

Ell & Hart's facebook page:
[www.facebook.com]

Ell & Hart's music on itunes:
The single, "Hotel Of Hearts":
[itunes.apple.com]

The EP "Jot":
[itunes.apple.com]

You can always follow my music on my webpage >>

Yours musically,

Jade Ell**
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login